Uniform Maine Citations, 2016-2017 Edition, provides updated rules for the citation of Maine legal authorities, including judicial decisions, constitutional provisions, statutory and legislative materials, court rules, treatises, periodicals, and miscellaneous Maine authorities.
Sources of Maine Law
- Maine Constitution
- Laws of the State of Maine (Statutes)
- Maine Statute Search: Find a law by keyword or title/section number
- Maine Legislative Session Information: Find Bill Text and Status
- Maine Rules of Civil and Appellate Procedure
- Maine Court forms online
- Rules of Maine State Government Agencies
Maine Law Libraries
- University of Maine School of Law
- Maine Law and Legislative Reference Library
- Nathan and Henry B. Cleaves Law Library
- URSUS - online catalogs of University of Maine School of Law and the Law and Legislative Reference Libraries
County Probate Courts in Maine
Legal Assistance Resources in Maine
- Pine Tree Legal Assistance - Pine Tree Legal Assistance will be closed to the public June 8 - 12 to update their phone systems and implement changes that will allow their limited staff to better manage the volume of requests for help.
- Maine Volunteer Lawyers Project - Maine Volunteer Lawyers Project will be closed to the public June 8 - 12 to update their phone systems and implement changes that will allow their limited staff to better manage the volume of requests for help.
- Maine's Legal Services for the Elderly
- Legal Services Food Hub
Consumer Information (Please note the links below will re-direct you to the Consumer Information section of the Attorney General's website)
- Consumer Law Guide: This is a comprehensive review of Maine consumer law. It is our belief that if consumers and businesses are better aware of their legal rights and responsibilities, disputes can be more fairly resolved. This Guide is written by the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division, which includes among its duties the enforcement of our consumer and antitrust laws.
- Scams: A description of recent scams used on Maine consumers. Includes links to the Maine Attorney and Federal Trade Commission consumer complaint sites.
- Housing: houses, apartments, mobile homes. Information about renting, home repairs, mobile homes, heating your home, lead paint, and information about contractors.
- Motor Vehicles: Information about buying a car, defective vehicles, car repairs, the Maine Lemon Law, and warranties.
- Identity Theft and Privacy: What it is and what to do if you?re a victim. Includes information about adding your phone number and address to the do not call list and do not mail list.
- Purchasing Goods and Services: Learn about the rights you have when you purchase something and are not satisfied.
- Charities: Information for consumers about donating to a charity. Information for charitable organizations. Also see: Guide for Board Members of Charitable Organizations
- Antitrust: Information about antitrust law and antitrust cases brought by the Maine Attorney General.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Federal Courts of Appeals Case Law
- U.S. Courts of Appeals and U.S. District Courts
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Rules of Evidence
- Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Federal District Court Local Rules
- U.S. Sentencing Commission
U.S. Administrative Regulations
U.S. Federal Courts in Maine
Comprehensive Legal Link Collections
Sites for Legal Professionals
- Maine Board of Bar Overseers
- American Bar Association
- Maine State Bar Association
- Maine Trial Lawyers' Association