Parent Works Program
Home Counselors, Inc., (main office) 375 Main Street,Rockland, Maine 04841
Tel: (207) 596-0359
Fax: (207) 596-0350
Helping Children Cope With Separation and Divorce
These workshops help parents:
- Discuss the effects of separation and divorce on their children
- Practice skills needed to co-parent through the separation and divorce
- Examine obstacles to effective parenting
- Learn the developmental needs of children and how children respond to stress and conflict
- Acquire techniques and strategies to manage conflict
Each parent attends a separate workshop. Workshops include informal presentations, discussions, interactive exercises, role plays and selected use of videos.
Workshops take place at Home Counselors' main office at 375 Main Street in Rockland, Lincoln County Communications Building, 34 Bath Road in Wiscasset and 2nd Congregational Church, 51 Main Street in Newcastle.
$60.00 per person in advance (cash, check or money order). A limited scholarship plan is available - call ahead.
For dates and times of these programs see: Parent Education Program Calendar