Below is a list of holidays observed by the Judicial Branch. All courts and administrative offices will be closed on the days listed below.
HOLIDAY & DATE OBSERVED 2018
- New Year’s Day Monday, January 1, 2018
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Monday, January 15, 2018
- Presidents Day Monday, February 19, 2018
- Patriot’s Day Monday, April 16, 2018
- Memorial Day Monday, May 28, 2018
- Independence Day Wednesday, July 4, 2018
- Labor Day Monday, September 3, 2018
- Columbus Day Monday, October 8, 2018
- Veterans’ Day Monday, November 12, 2018*
- Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 22, 2018
- Thanksgiving Friday Friday, November 23, 2018
- Christmas Day Tuesday, December 25, 2018
* A legal holiday falling on a Saturday is observed on the preceding Friday. A legal holiday falling on a Sunday is observed on the following Monday.
Unless otherwise noted, the courts and clerk's windows will be closed from 8 a.m. to noon during Administrative Week to allow court staff to complete important work. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your cooperation.
2018 Administrative Weeks
- Spring 2018 - April 30 through May 4
- Summer 2018 - July 30 through August 3 *ONLY closed to the public from 8 a.m. to noon on July 30 and 31.
- Fall 2018 - October 15 through October 19