Judicial Branch Forms & Fees

Court Forms

Paper forms can be obtained from any District Court or Superior Court clerk's office. Many paper forms are free. There is a $5.00 charge for some forms, such as a Summons, that require the Clerk's signature and Court seal. For common kinds of cases such as divorce, protection from abuse, and small claims, the District Court clerks have packets of the necessary forms. Forms available for download are available here.

Maine Judicial Information System (MEJIS) Attorney Information Form and other vendor forms and information are available at this link: www.courts.maine.gov/fees_forms/atty_info.html

Court Fees

Court Fees are set by Administrative Order JB-05-26 (A. 7-18)

Fines, Surcharges, and Assessments

Breakdown of fines, surcharges, and assessments (PDF)