Avangrid Networks, Inc., et al. v. Secretary of State et al.
The Maine Judicial Branch has set up this web page to post information on the appeal of Avangrid Networks, Inc., et al. v. Secretary of State et al. We have prepared this page to ensure full access to the media and the public without compromising the litigants' right to a full and fair proceeding. It is our goal to accommodate the media and the public to the best of our abilities. All public documents (documents that are non-confidential and not sealed) will be available on this page, and will not be provided by the clerk's office, except to government agencies. Please check this web page often for updates and documents related to the case.
Case Name: Avangrid Networks, Inc., et al. v. Secretary of State et al.
Law Court Docket Number: Cum-20-181
The documents below are in PDF format.
- July 20, 2020:
- July 13, 2020:
- Brief of Appellant Avangrid Networks, Inc.
- Brief of Appellant Industrial Energy Consumer Group
- Brief of Appellant Maine State Chamber of Commerce
- Brief of Appellee Secretary of State
- Brief of Appellees Mainers for Local Power et al.
- Brief of Appellee Nextera Energy Resources LLC
- Brief of Amici Curiae Former Commissioners of the Maine Public Utilities Commission
- Brief of Amicus Curiae Dmitry Bam
- Brief of Amicus Curiae Orlando E. Delogu
- Brief of Amici Curiae Mark N. Dion et al.
- July 2, 2020: Order Establishing Course of Appeal
- June 29, 2020: Order of the Superior Court (Cumberland County) on appeal
Counsel of record:
For Avangrid Networks, Inc.:
John J. Aromando, Esq.
Jared S. Des Rosiers, Esq.
Joshua D. Dunlap, Esq.
Sara A. Murphy, Esq.
Pierce Atwood LLP
254 Commercial Street
Portland, Maine 04101
For Maine State Chamber of Commerce:
Gerald F. Petruccelli, Esq.
Petruccelli, Martin & Haddow, LLP
Two Monument Square, Suite 900
PO Box 17555
Portland, ME 04112-8555
For Industrial Energy Consumer Group:
Sigmund D. Schutz, Esq.
PO Box 9546
Portland, ME 04112-9546
For the Secretary of State:
Phyllis Gardner, Esq.
Thomas A. Knowlton, Esq.
Office of the Attorney General
6 State House Station
Augusta, Maine 04333-0006
For Mainers for Local Power and nine Maine citizens:
David Michael Kallin, Esq.
Elizabeth A. Mooney, Esq.
Adam R. Cote, Esq.
84 Marginal Way, Suite 600
Portland, ME 04104
For Nextera Energy Resources LLC:
Christopher T. Roach, Esq.
Roach Hewitt Ruprecht Sanchez & Biscoff, PC
66 Pearl Street, Suite 200
Portland, ME 04101-1110
Members of the media who require assistance may contact Amy Quinlan, Esq., Director of Court Communications Government and Media Counsel at (207) 822-0716 or email@example.com.