Delbert Reed v. Secretary of State (CMP Corridor)
The Maine Judicial Branch has set up this web page to post information on the appeal of Delbert Reed v. Secretary of State. We have prepared this page to ensure full access to the media and the public without compromising the litigants' right to a full and fair proceeding. It is our goal to accommodate the media and the public to the best of our abilities. All public documents (documents that are non-confidential and not sealed) will be available on this page, and will not be provided by the clerk's office, except to government agencies. Please check this web page often for updates and documents related to the case.
Case Name: Delbert Reed v. Secretary of State
Law Court Docket Number: BCD-20-126
The documents below are in PDF format.
- April 23, 2020: Briefs and appendix filed:
- Brief of appellant Delbert A. Reed
- Brief of appellant Industrial Energy Consumer Group
- Brief of appellant Maine State Chamber of Commerce
- Brief of appellee Secretary of State
- Brief of appellee NextEra Energey Resources, LLC
- Brief of appellee Mainers for Local Power
- Brief of amici Garrett Mason and Kevin Battle
- April 16, 2020: Order Establishing Course of Appeal
- April 16, 2020: Notice of Appeal filed by the Maine State Chamber of Commerce
- April 16, 2020: Docket sheets of Superior Court and Business and Consumer Docket
- April 15, 2020: Notice of Appeal filed by Industrial Energy Consumer Group
- April 15, 2020: Notice of Appeal filed by Delbert A. reed
- April 13, 2020: Order of the Business and Consumer Docket
Counsel of record:
For Delbert Reed:
Jared S. des Rosiers, Esq.
Nolan L. Reichl, Esq.
Newell A. Augur, Esq.
PIERCE ATWOOD LLP
254 Commercial Street
Portland, ME 04101
Joshua A. Tardy, Esq.
Joshua A. Randlett, Esq.
The Graham Building
84 Harlow Street
P.O. Box 1401
For Industrial Energy Consumer Group:
Sigmund D. Schutz, Esq.
Anthony W. Buxton, Esq.
Robert B. Borowski, Esq.
Preti Flaherty Beliveau & Pachios LLP
P.O. Box 9546, One City Center
Pmtland, ME 04112
For the Maine State Chamber of Commerce:
Gerald F. Petruccclfl: Esq. - Bar No. 1245
Nicole R. Bissonnette, Esq. - Bar No. 5239
Petruccelli, Martin & Haddow, LLP
P.O. Box 17555
Portland, Maine 04112-8555
For the Secretary of State:
Phyllis Gardner, Esq.
Office of the Attorney General
6 State House Station
Augusta ME 04333-0006
For Mainers for Local Power:
David M. Kallin, Esq.
Amy K. Olfene, Esq.
Adam R. Cote, Esq.
84 Marginal Way, Ste 600
Portland, ME 04101-2480
For NextEra Energy Resources, LLC:
Christopher Roach, Esq.
Roach Ruprecht Sancchez & Bischoff, PC
527 Ocean Ave, Ste 1
Portland, ME 04103
Members of the media who require further assistance can contact Amy Quinlan, Director of Court Communications. Ms. Quinlan may be reached at (207) 822-0716 or via email at email@example.com