Protection from Violence
Click here if you are seeking help because another person is hurting you, or is threatening to hurt you.
- January 17, 2017: The SJC encourages attorneys to participate in the ABA Pro Bono Survey. Attorneys will receive information about the survey from the Board of Overseers.
- January 10, 2017: SJC invites comments on proposed amendments to the Maine Rules of Civil Procedure to clarify procedures when proceedings involving the same child are pending in both the District Court and a Probate Court. Comments due by January 24, 2017.
- January 4, 2017: SJC invites comments on proposed amendments to the Maine Rules of Probate Procedure to clarify requirements for electronic filing and to classify additional types of records and information as “private.” Comments due by January 25, 2017.
- December 29, 2016: Court Announces 2016 Advocate for Justice Award To Superior Court Justice Nancy Mills
- December 20, 2016: Maine Judicial Branch Announces Award of Court Management System Contract to Tyler Technologies
- December 2, 2016: York County Courtroom Site Selection Commission releases report
- November 21, 2016: Law Court invites amicus briefs on whether a Probate Court may deny a petition to change the petitioner's surname to that of a "friend" because it may create the false impression that the petitioner and the friend are married. Amicus briefs must be filed on or before January 4, 2017.
- November 21, 2016: Supreme Judicial Court invites comments on the report of the Advisory Commission on the Uniform Bar Examination (UBE). Comments must be filed on or before December 19, 2016.
- November 21, 2016: Maine Judicial Branch Releases Updated Guide to Help Unrepresented People Involved in Protection from Abuse or Protection from Harassment Cases.
The Judicial Branch is now on Twitter. To follow #MECourts, click here.
From the Chief Justice