High Profile Cases
All public court documents in cases the Judicial Branch has determined to be of great interest to the media and the public are posted on this web page. This assures full access without compromising the litigants' right to a full and fair trial. It is our goal to accommodate the media and the public to the best of our abilities.
All public documents (documents that are non-confidential and not sealed) provided here will not be provided by the clerk's office, except to law enforcement or other government agencies. Please check this web page often for updates and documents related to the case.
Case information and public documents will be removed from the website once the case is no longer active or considered of great interest to the media and the public.
- Law Court docket number BCD-21-416
- Captioned NECEC Transmission LLC et al. v. Bureau of Parks and Lands in the Buiness and Consumer Docket
- Business and Consumer Docket docket number CIV-2021-58
- On December 16, 2021, the Business and Consumer Docket entered an order denying the request of Avangrid Networks, Inc., and NECEC Transmission LLC for a preliminary injunction "to permanently block retroactive application of the recently enacted ballot initiative which imposes a geographic ban on the construction of High Impact Transmission Lines in Maine and imposes new requirements on parties seeking to leave Public Lands." On December 28, 2021, the court granted Avangrid and NECEC's motion to report the matter to the Law Court pursuant to M.R. App. P. 24(c).
- Coalition for Healthcare Workers Against Medical Mandates, et al. v. Jeanne M. Lambrew and Nirav D. Shah (CV-21-158)
- Russell Black et al. v. Bureau of Parks and Lands et al.
- Captioned Russell Black et al. v. Andy Cutko et al. in the Business and Consumer Docket
- On August 10, 2021, the Business and Consumer Docket, Murphy, J., issued a decision and order reversing the decision of the Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands to lease certain land to Central Maine Power Company for the New England Clean Energy Connect electric transmission line, and ordering other relief. On August 13, 2021, Central Maine Power, NECEC Transmission, LLC, and the Bureau appealed to the Law Court from that order.
Members of the media who require assistance may contact Amy Quinlan, Esq., State Court Administrator at (207) 822-0716 or firstname.lastname@example.org.